Note: You can request Patriarchal Blessings for a deceased direct-line ancestor.
Patriarchal Blessing Requests
To obtain copies of patriarchal blessings for yourself or a deceased direct-line ancestor, please provide the following information:
- Your Church membership record number for your own patriarchal blessing. (To obtain the required Church membership record number, please see your ward membership clerk, or the Member and Statistical Records office in Salt Lake City, Utah.)
- Blessing recipient’s name as it appears on blessing.
- Birth date of blessing recipient.
- Name of patriarch giving blessing and stake in which the blessing was received.
- Approximate year the blessing was given.
- Your relationship to recipient.
- Mailing address
You may obtain copies by:
- Visiting Church History Library in Salt Lake City, Utah (bring a valid photo id)
- Mailing a request to:
Church History Library
Attn: Patriarchal Blessings
15 East North Temple Street
Salt Lake City, Utah 84150-1600
- Send an email to [email protected].
In order to efficiently process requests in a timely manner, we ask that you only request four blessings per month for deceased ancestors. Due to the high volume of requests, priority is given to blessings for living individuals. These will be handled within 14 days. Requests for blessings for the deceased take longer and will be processed in the order received. All email and letter requests will be returned through postal mail.
For information call: 1-801-240-3581